NEOM was picked as the task's true name with the backing of the Establishing Board; it is a genuine portrayal of NEOM's objective and the truth that will be accomplished - Allah willing - to assist with making a brilliant future for people in the future.
Built Environment Decarbonization Manager Job in NEOM City, Saudi Arabia
NEOM – NEOM City, Saudi Arabia
- Job Location:-NEOM City, Saudi Arabia
- Company:- NEOM
- Education: –Bachelor’s degree in Architecture/Planning, Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Sustainability (or related discipline) and ideally a Master’s degree.
- Gender:- Male / Female Saudi national a plus
- Number of Vacant Positions:- Not Mentioned
- Salary:- Negotiable
- Job Type:- Full-Time
- Job ID:- 9729
- Job Categories:- Managing
This is the means by which NEOM was made and how its maker, His Imperial Height, Crown Ruler Mohammed container Salman, imagined it when he laid out its establishments to be the future, a power of progression and change, even before it was even sent off. Along these lines, it was imagined that “what’s to come” would be laced with NEOM’s crucial personality, name, values, and vision. Therefore, NEOM is… For the future and for what’s to come.
His Imperial Height Ruler Mohammed receptacle Salman, the Crown Sovereign and Executive of the NEOM Directorate examined and considered by individuals from the undertaking’s Establishing Board as well as experts and experts nearby an OK name for such a venture with an overall viewpoint. The quest for a name to impart the personality and imagery of this fantastic project was one of the planned things when the Board held its underlying gatherings to examine associated issues; HRH saw that the term communicates the social and civilizational character of the venture’s comprehensiveness. There were various discussions with respect to the name’s significance and the way that it should catch the venture’s overall personality, the human angle, and phenomenal aspiration.
Preceding arranging and testing the arrangements of names proposed by the counseling group, the genuine name assignment venture began with the meaning of standards, characteristics, and conditions, all of which bear an unmistakable and strong vision for choice. As per the measures and guidelines, the rundown of 2,000 names was additionally sliced to 150 names, then, at that point, to five names. In any case, not a single one of them was picked or acknowledged.
Consequently, NEOM was picked as the task’s true name with the backing of the Establishing Board; it is a genuine portrayal of NEOM’s objective and the truth that will be accomplished – Allah willing – to assist with making a brilliant future for people in the future. From there on out, the NEOM lights have crested through the sky, declaring a splendid sunrise, a confident future, and a prosperous living in a land made by the person to serve all humankind.
Job Title -Built Environment Decarbonization Manager Jobs in NEOM City, Saudi Arabia
- Support and contribute to the development and delivery of the NEOM Environment Strategy and related Sustainability Risks and Opportunities and promote these in all related tasks and engagements internally and externally
- Help to establish and participate in a NEOM wide Sustainability Leadership Forum and various committees and task groups
- Research, propose and initiate appropriate external partnerships with suitable Global leadership groups in support of the Environment Strategy and related initiatives
- Provide technical inputs and trends on Decarbonisation requirements and ensure compliance
- Contribute as an active participant within the NEOM Environment Leadership Team and Sustainability related activities.The Built Environment Decarbonization Manager supports the Sustainability Director with implementation of the NEOM Environment Strategy and is accountable for ensuring all applicable aspects are included in the planning, design and implementation of NEOM Built Environment projects. The overall goal is to “shift the dial” on sustainability at NEOM across 3 areas:People and Culture
- Deliver an active role with NEOM Environment staff and teams, as required to develop and support the implementation of the NEOM Sustainability Standards throughout planning, design, construction and operation stages, for both Planning and Development
- Identify and proactively engage with key internal and external stakeholders across NEOM as required to achieve delivery of all related areas of NEOM Environmental Strategy, specifically in Climate Action and Decarbonisation
- Support and encourage participation in the Environmental Stewardship program and related employee engagement programs and training
- Communicate regularly, developing strong relationships across the organization and stakeholders.
Leadership and Advocacy
- Leads the effective, high quality and timely interface between the Environment and other NEOM Departments in relation to asset built environment decarboisation projects across NEOM.
- Drives the implementation of best practice and innovative sustainable design through conducting a variety of life cycle analyses to support NEOM achieve sustainability goals and targets for building and infrastructure assets.
- Supports proponents and design team in the preparation of sustainability-related reports including sourcing of construction materials, using data from Environmental Product Declaration (EPD) certificates, and analyzing greenhouse gas emissions impact based on green building standards and codes requirements such as LEED, Envision and Mostadam or equivalent; and International Green Construction Code; Saudi Green Building Code 1001 and Saudi Energy Code 601 to meet both embodied and operational carbon target set to zero.
- Interfaces closely with the Sustainable Developments division (including NEV commissioning agent (CxA) and Senior Sustainability Engineer (Energy Specialist), proponents design team, and the Projects Sector to ensure appropriate, rigorous, and timely assessment of NEOM development projects.
- Responsible for proactively engaging with planning, design, and operation teams on architectural building design issues pertaining to sustainability to meet NEOM carbon targets.
- Guides building designers and sustainability specialists in the sustainability compliance of the assets.
- Manages the compliance review of the Sustainable Building design documentation from Stage 1 (Feasibility) through to Stage 5 (Operations) for design and construction material sustainable requirements.
- Provides technical support and guidance related to embodied carbon and operational energy and greenhouse gas emissions within NEOM and to external stakeholders where interface is required (e.g., developers/ consultants/ suppliers).
- Carries out whole of building whole of life cycle analysis (LCA) and cost benefit analysis services using eTool; One Click LCA, Open LCA, SIMA Pro, or equivalent software; and review environmental and cost benefits analysis and associated reports in line with NEOM Interim Sustainability Requirements for the Built Environment.
- Contributes to the development of design and construction specifications for use by the project team.
- Prepares clear and compelling reports and presentation analysis and recommendations on innovative approaches to environmental footprint in the context of value chain management in the built environment.
- Participate and contribute to Annual NEOM Sustainability and ESG Report through strategy implementation, progress monitoring and KPI tracking
- Provides technical support and guidance related to sustainability within NEOM and to external stakeholders where interface is required (e.g., developers / consultants / suppliers)
- Interact and report with department stakeholders in the form of presentations reports and KPI updates the Line Manager and Sector/ Department Head
- Extensive collaboration and sharing of information with agreed internal and external stakeholders
- Represent NEOM in relation to Sustainable Infrastructure from time to time in national and international engagements and conferences
- Build and manage a highly efficient and professional team.
- Help instill and maintain a high-performance culture of excellence, innovation, and continuous improvement.
- Manage and provide technical input to employees or projects, where necessary.
- Provide leadership to advance programs, practices, and performance.
- Set employee performance objectives, provide necessary support, appraise staff and provide regular feedback on performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture/Planning, Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Sustainability (or related discipline), and ideally a Master’s degree.
- Ten (10) or more years of experience across the fields of sustainability, carbon accounting, management, reporting, and policies;
- Experienced with LCA databases and in-depth knowledge of database management.
- Experienced with LCA standards and guidelines (e.g., ISO14040/44; LEED Building Design and Construction).
- Proven track record of successfully leading a sustainability program, policies, and regulatory frameworks or processes such as ISO14064 (quantification and reporting of greenhouse gas emissions and removals).
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills across building design services including effective. management of resources and assets.
- Strong verbal communication & report writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (Written, electronic, spoken English); and hands-on engineering and project management skills.
- Excellent Planning and Organization skills are required for NEOM’s fast-paced environment
- Professional qualifications and work experience with the development and/or implementation of ‘Sustainability Rating Systems’ such as ENVISION
- Other qualifications in sustainability related to life cycle analysis practice such as LCA Certified Practitioner (LCA AP) through the Australian Life Cycle Analysis Society (ALCAS), Life Cycle Association of New Zealand (LCANZ), American Center for Life Cycle Assessment (ACLCA) or equivalent.
- Professional qualification and work experience with development, and/or implementation of ‘Sustainability Rating Systems’ such as USGBC LEED, Mostadam, Passive House, or equivalent and a strong understanding of energy and carbon management.
Will be negotiated
Will be negotiated
How to Apply for NEOM?
If interested in this position, kindly click on the apply button and apply directly on the NEOM Company Website
To apply for this job please visit careers.neom.com.